How do you change and adapt a brand image, expanding to not only one thing, but a lifestyle?
That was the task that we (Myself along with Emmely Boersma, Bart de Koning, and Maarten van Willingen) had to work on and accomplish in three months time. Presenting a “working” concept that may or may not be used down the line.
What I will present is a short step by step of what we did, from my point of view with my sketches and designs. If I have to use some of my teammates material, I will refer to their work and their name.
Let’s begin shall we?
Our first step was to look at what already existed. Where there other lifestyle brands? And if so, how are they being implemented? What does the brand show. This was what I researched.
What I found was that lifestyle brands played into the wants and needs of people with a specific view of the world. “Amplifying” this experience.
From this we decided as a team, that it was best to make an experience that “rewarded’ the user for their lifestyle.
This was further cemented by the results of a survey that was conducted among the target audience. What we discovered was that status important for them was, and they felt that being rewarded would greatly motivate them.
From this it was that we would create an experience based upon the activities they do, rewarding them for participating more in the lifestyle, while giving them challenges as a way for them to climb in social status of the community.
From this we brainstormed and brainstormed, until coming up with a digital Eco-system, where an app would register the daily activities of the users, giving them points and experience, from which they “leveled” up and grew in status. Rewarding them more and more in the process, further motivating them to stay within this lifestyle.
This idea was approved by the client, and from this it was decided that we would proceed with further and more elaborate designs to present in a final pitch.
From the feedback, I redesigned the screens while adding new ones, to more reflect the lifestyle and view of the users. Starting from Wireframes, all the way to Visual Design.
This was ultimately the finished product that we presented. Which “worked”.
To look at the clickable prototype, click here